Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/2445/10834
Title: Origin of magnetic coupling in La2CuO4
Author: Casanovas Salas, Jordi
Rubio Martínez, Jaime
Illas i Riera, Francesc
Keywords: Superconductivitat
Materials magnètics
Propietats magnètiques
Superconductivity
Magnetic materials
Magnetic properties
Issue Date: 1996
Publisher: The American Physical Society
Abstract: The ab initio cluster model approach has been used to study the origin of the magnetic coupling in La 2 CuO 4 and, also, its pressure dependence. Use of different cluster models and different ab initio wave functions permits the identification of the three leading mechanisms of magnetic coupling. These are the delocalization of the magnetic orbitals into the anion ‘‘p’’ band, the electronic correlation effects, and the collective effects hidden in the two-body operator of the Heisenberg Hamiltonian. The first two mechanisms are almost equally important and account for 80% of the experimental magnetic coupling constant value, the remaining 20% being due to the third effect. For the pressure dependence we predict J∝ r − n with n≊8.4 in agreement with experiment. Surprisingly enough these mechanisms are exactly the same previously found for KNiF 3 but with different contributions to the value of the magnetic coupling constant.
Note: Reproducció digital del document publicat en format paper, proporcionada per PROLA i http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.53.945
It is part of: Physical Review B, 1996, vol. 53, núm. 2, p. 945-951
Related resource: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.53.945
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/2445/10834
ISSN: 0163-1829
Appears in Collections:Articles publicats en revistes (Ciència dels Materials i Química Física)

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
103861.pdf104.12 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.