Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Spanish Adaptation of the Autism Spectrum Disorders - Diagnosis for Adults (ASD-DA) in Adults with Severe and Profound Intellectual Disability
Author: Planelles-Fernández, Inmaculada
Gallardo-Pujol, David
Labad, Antonio
Godall, David
Cristia, Natalia
Gutiérrez-Zotes, Alfonso
Matson, Johnny L.
Keywords: Autisme
Discapacitats mentals
People with mental disabilities
Issue Date: 13-Apr-2017
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Abstract: The Autism Spectrum Disorders - Diagnosis for Adults (ASD-DA) with intellectual disability was designed to quickly provide relevant information to establish a diagnosis of the most common Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) (autism, pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified and Asperger's syndrome) (Matson et al. 2007a). The ASD-DA was adapted and translated into Spanish and administered to a sample of 156 adults with severe (n = 67, 42.9%) and profound (n = 89, 57.1%) intellectual disability. Seventy-one (45.5%) participants had a diagnosis of intellectual disability and autism spectrum disorder, and the other eighty-five (54.5%) had a diagnosis of intellectual disability without autism spectrum disorder. The reliability scores of the scales implied values in the "good-to-excellent" range (0.78-0.95), and test-retest reliability was obtained with good values for most of the items on the scale. A three-factor structure was replicated via confirmatory factor analysis. Participants with and without ASD showed significant differences in the three ASD-DA scales and in their total scores. Using a receiver operating characteristics (ROC) curve, a score of 21 on the ASD-DA scale showed good specificity (0.97) and sensitivity (0.92) values with respect to DSM-IV-TR criteria.
Note: Versió postprint del document publicat a:
It is part of: Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities, 2017, vol. 29, p. 625-642
Related resource:
ISSN: 1056-263X
Appears in Collections:Articles publicats en revistes (Psicologia Clínica i Psicobiologia)

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
671580.pdf844.23 kBAdobe PDFView/Open

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.