Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||Effectiveness of Third-Class Biologic Treatment in Crohn’s Disease: A Multi-Center Retrospective Cohort Study|
Savarino, Edoardo V.
Ribaldone, Davide G.
Shitrit, Ariella Bar-Gil
Barreiro de Acosta, Manuel
Di Jiang, Caroline
Gisbert, Javier P.
Limdi, Jimmy K.
Otero Alvarin, Borja
|Keywords:||Malaltia de Crohn|
Malalties inflamatòries intestinals
Inflammatory bowel diseases
|Abstract:||Background: Multiple studies have described the effectiveness of ustekinumab (UST) and vedolizumab (VDZ) in patients with Crohn's disease (CD) failing anti- Tumor necrosis factors (TNFs); however, the effectiveness of VDZ or UST as a third-class biologic has not yet been described. Aims and methods: In this retrospective multicenter cohort study, we aimed to investigate the effectiveness of VDZ and UST as a third-class biologic in patients with CD. Results: Two-hundred and four patients were included; 156/204 (76%) patients received VDZ as a second- and UST as a third-class therapy (group A); the remaining 48/204 (24%) patients received UST as a second- and VDZ as a third-class therapy (group B). At week 16-22, 87/156 (55.5%) patients and 27/48 (56.2%) in groups A and B, respectively, responded to treatment (p = 0.9); 41/156 (26.2%) and 15/48 (31.2%) were in clinical remission (p = 0.5). At week 52; 89/103 (86%) patients and 25/29 (86.2%) of the patients with available data had responded to third-class treatment in groups A and B, respectively (p = 0.9); 31/103 (30%) and 47/29 (24.1%) were in clinical remission (p = 0.5). Conclusion: Third-class biological therapy was effective in more than half of the patients with CD. No differences in effectiveness were detected between the use of VDZ and UST as a third-class agent.|
|Note:||Reproducció del document publicat a: https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10132914|
|It is part of:||Journal of Clinical Medicine, 2021, vol. 10, num. 13, p. 2914|
|Appears in Collections:||Articles publicats en revistes (Institut d'lnvestigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge (IDIBELL))|
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons License