Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: A comprehensive characterisation of beer polyphenols by high resolution mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-LTQ-Orbitrap-MS)
Author: Quifer Rada, Paola
Vallverdú i Queralt, Anna
Martínez Huélamo, Miriam
Chiva Blanch, Gemma
Jáuregui Pallarés, Olga
Estruch Riba, Ramon
Lamuela Raventós, Rosa Ma.
Keywords: Cervesa
Espectrometria de masses
Mass spectrometry
Issue Date: 15-Feb-2015
Publisher: Elsevier B.V.
Abstract: Beer is the second most consumed alcoholic beverage in Europe and shown by the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition cohort study to be the main food contributor to hydroxybenzoic acid intake. About 70-80% of the total polyphenol content in beer comes from malt, and the remaining 30-20% from hops. In this work, liquid chromatography coupled with an electrospray ionization hybrid linear ion trap quadrupole Orbitrap mass spectrometry technique has been used for an accurate identification of beer polyphenols. 47 phenolic compounds were identified using high mass accuracy and confirmed by MS(2) experiments, including simple phenolic acids, hydroxycinnamoylquinics, flavanols, flavonols, flavones, alkylmethoxyphenols, alpha- and iso-alpha-acids, hydroxyphenylacetic acids and prenylflavonoids. As far as we know, 7 of these compounds have been recognised in beer for the first time: feruloylquinic acid, caffeic acid-O-hexoside, coumaric acid-O-hexoside, sinapic acid-O-hexoside, catechin-O-dihexoside, kaempferol-O-hexoside, and apigenin-C-hexoside-pentoside.
Note: Versió postprint del document publicat a:
It is part of: Food Chemistry, 2015, vol. 169, p. 336-343
Related resource:
ISSN: 0308-8146
Appears in Collections:Articles publicats en revistes (Nutrició, Ciències de l'Alimentació i Gastronomia)
Articles publicats en revistes (IDIBAPS: Institut d'investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer)
Articles publicats en revistes (Medicina)
Articles publicats en revistes (Centres Científics i Tecnològics de la Universitat de Barcelona (CCiTUB))

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
643142.pdf703.37 kBAdobe PDFView/Open

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.